They say your home is your castle. So it is with Jim’s place, which is shaped like a castle. He’s known as the P.B. Millionaire.

The St. Patrick’s Day party he hosted was downtown at Dublin Square so he wouldn’t bother his neighbors.

He invited 20 women, as he’s working on a web-based reality show.

I walked in and saw a handful of women at a long table. I sat on a couch nearby to observe.

Jim walked in 30 minutes later sporting a tux. His sunglasses and all the dyed-blond hair at the table made me think of the Bret Michaels reality show Rock of Love.

Tables held St. Patrick’s Day tattoos, green beads, and carnations. Balloons were all around.

One woman was really loud. I glanced over and noticed she was attractive. I asked Jen, Jim’s assistant, if the women get jealous of each other. She said, “It happens. Usually it’s if one woman is getting more of his attention.”

She told me about a Valentine’s Day party he had at which a woman came up and wondered what was going on. She ended up winning the grand prize. I said, “And…what is the grand prize? A date with the P.B. Millionaire, or —” She interrupted to say, “We have prizes. And we also donate a lot to charity.”

“Why doesn’t Jim just settle down with you?” I asked. She smiled and said in her British accent, “I work for him. And I don’t think he wants to settle down. That’s the big misconception about all this. He’s not searching for his soul mate. He’s just a shy guy that got rich with an invention and throws fun parties.”

I saw a 6´6˝ guy with dreads. Jen told me, “We got him for security, to keep out…party crashers.”

I got a whiskey sour and talked to the security guard, B.K.

I asked about his size, and he told me he has a number of jokes for when people ask him that question. He said, “The best thing is when they think I’m someone famous. When I was thinner, I was in Vegas and people thought I was Dennis Rodman. The casino was totally hooking us up.

“Another time, when The Cosby Show was popular, my friend and I were in a long line to get into a club. He went across the street, called [the club], and said I was Malcolm Jamal-Warner. He told the club I was filming a movie, and they needed me back as soon as possible. They asked that I be ushered in quickly so I could get back to the set in a timely manner. They brought us in, gave us a VIP table. I was even signing autographs for them, too.”

I found out B.K. had an invention of his own. He told me about his company. They make something called “The Patch.” It was recently one of the items in the gift bags at an Oscar party (he told me he’s worked with a few actresses). He explained that the Patch keeps women from having panty lines because it’s just a cotton patch worn in place of underwear.

As we were talking, he said, “Oh, man, I just lost my client!” He quickly looked around and spotted Jim near the front door.

The cotton patch sounded interesting, but I wanted to know about Jim’s invention.

We talked outside, and he explained how he found his fortune while painting houses. “I had a B.A. in business administration but could make more money painting; sometimes a thousand dollars a day. I noticed…there were no good goggles on the market. It took years, the whole patent process.”

He invented goggles that have a screen across them that allows them to stay clean while painting. As he told me this story, I was thinking about how a guy came up with the idea for the Pet Rock and made millions. I glanced around the pub, wondering if I could invent some kind of straw that gets people to drink their alcohol faster.

Just then, his photographer, Erhan, came over to suggest they take the limo to some of the other bars. Jim told him that they’re all within walking distance. Erhan replied, “Some of the women say they’ve never been in a limo.”

I talked briefly to a woman playing a leprechaun. She’d been working as one for a few years. I told her I liked the reality show Little People, Big World,and she told me she knows the people in it and sees them once a year.

I saw Astra Kelly perform some songs. She told me, “The party looks like fun.” When I told her about Jim’s cool invention, she said, “I can’t believe it. That guy won the lottery, and he invented something.” I replied, “I don’t think he won the lottery.” She said, “Oh. Someone said he was the millionaire from P.B. I thought it was someone that won the lottery.”

I talked to Erhan for a bit. He told me a story about some women coming over to the castle and that Jim told them he was the pool boy. They wanted to know where the millionaire was, and when Erhan explained Jim was joking, they said, “Why would he say he just works here?” Jim overheard this and added, “The funny thing is, I don’t even have a pool. They got back in the limo and left.”

I saw a heavy woman at the table and thought it was cool that the women were all shapes and sizes, but 75 percent of them were fit, attractive, and appeared to be in their 20s.

The waitress brought a Cosmo for one of the women; another got a Manhattan. A few others were drinking Coronas. Jim told them that anything they wanted was covered. Upon hearing that, I ordered another whiskey sour and some potato skins. As I was leaving, they invited me into the limo. I passed.

I contacted Jim a few days later to ask what I’d missed. He said in an email, “Most of the girls were wearing heels, so we took the limo around the block a few times. At one place, we were told by the manager that the video camera was not allowed. A few girls started to get wild and dance on the table. After some nachos and more drinks, we did impressions of Borat and talked about Anchorman.”

Comments

sdmomof3 April 10, 2009 @ 10:38 a.m.

You're right SurfPuppy619 the PB Millionaire is a real comedian!! He is a good friend of mine & has a great sense of humor, all of his events are a blast! I also love the fact that gives to so many charities, he is a real down to earth type of guy. What a neat article, I hope all of you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

RealityCheck April 10, 2009 @ 1:07 p.m.

The PB Millionaire is like Ferris Bueller "a righteous dude!" I met him before. He is just like you and me except with lots of $$$. I've been lucky enough to have been in the PB Castle. And it was a lot harder to get in than the Playboy Mansion! If you want to become successful just read his blogs: http://www.blogger.com/home?pli=1

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 1:24 p.m.

By sdmomof3

HI PB Dork!

You're still Joke Central!

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 1:25 p.m.

By RealityCheck

Hey PB Dorkus- how many "gimmick" accounts are you going to create??

Not fooling anyone here bud.

shopaholic2009 April 10, 2009 @ 1:42 p.m.

What is it with everyone slating this guy. I have never seen a negative comment from someone who has been to his parties and even this journalist didn't say anything bad about him so he really cant be that bad of a guy! He's just living it up, no wonder he get so many envious comment. P.S. Who says "Dorkus"!! Really?

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 5:56 p.m.

By shopaholic2009

Jeeezzzeee PB Dorkus-how many gimmick accounts are you going to open up to pat your dorkus self on the back??????????

I mean seriously.......give it a rest.

BTW-have you seen this yet????I almost died of laughter!!...............;

Denice L. says:

He has bad taste in architecture. -- Denice L. says:

Instead of having a reality show, he shoudl have a reality check. -- Denice L. says:

Botox does not work for everyone, either.

PBM, age naturally, you look like a melting wax man. Its not too late. -- Ryan "OMGWTFBBQ" E. says:

This gets stranger by the day.

He obviously is hurt by all the bad energy that people have been giving toward the idea of a castle-living, money-flashing, friend-buying, "yes-its-real" -claim ing, narcisism-infused ego which defines an extreme of this city.

... but its ok because he has compassion for us all. How could he achieve such understanding, you may ask?

According to his blog, as a teenager, he "learned to meditate from a great Indian master".

Hahaha... I have visions of the "Love Guru".

Josh Board April 10, 2009 @ 11:33 p.m.

Well, my logic is this. When I write about a party, I try not to attack anyone. In the past, I can recall doing it a few times. Once at a party with a bunch of women during the last episode of Sex and the City. They were mean, so I went on the attack.

And, the people from that 80s party about 8 months ago...they felt I attacked them, because I said it was a low turnout and nobody seemed to be dressed up, as I was instructed to do.

I think Jim had his good points and bad. But the story was about the party, the people, etc. It's not to sit there and do a personal attack on someone. I think people can make the decision on a persons character based on what is written, videos, etc.

PB_Millionaire April 11, 2009 @ 2:05 p.m.

Josh, thank you for writing such a good article. I liked the way you included my staff too. BTW: Those positive comments posted above are from my friends and staff. They actually are the ones that brought my attention to this board. We think it’s hilarious that someone thinks I sit at my computer creating fake accounts. Some of us actually have a life.

One of my assistants told me about something on Yelp where they were talking about my "rented tuxes" and about me "wearing a wig" or something. Keep ‘em coming - they're very entertaining!

We are all amazed that people would actually take the time and energy to create so much hate. I remember reading about a celebrity who once said something to the effect: "I know when my career is on the brink when I stop hearing from haters." In other words, he measures his success by the number of haters.

So let the hate flow. If that is what is in your heart - let it out. You will feel better. It's like having a good cry. Then you can move on to more important things.

I say this in advance because I can foresee it all coming. I'm not here to defend myself. Why bother? I remember something my Master told me in regards to this kind of negativity. "What does an elephant do when he is bothered by all the ants crawling over his body? He just rolls over."

I do, however, want to take this opportunity to publicly thank my lovely staff for their support. I am so full of gratitude for the people in my life; so very appreciative for all that I have; so grateful for love in my heart; so thankful for this amazing life!

People ask me what kind of experiences I have after 30 years of meditating. It's hard to put into words but this video clip from the movie "American Beauty" is a hint:

jensd09 April 11, 2009 @ 2:47 p.m.

Great comment Jim! Thanks for the great party last night. We had a staff BBQ at the castle and met some girls interested in working for us. It was a lot of fun! Great time had by all!

pete78 April 12, 2009 @ 9:40 a.m.

The word "tool" doesn't even begin to describe this guy.

towelheadedcameljockey April 12, 2009 @ 11:26 a.m.

Doesn't the fascination of living in a castle fade away after one's 6th birthday? I can't understand what's the draw in buying a home then building some fake castle front/top. All I can come up with is that in some twisted way he thinks it shows how important or "king like" he is. And, it's funny that the same person who preaches meditation, letting go of negativity and so on, needs to flaunt their riches in such an obvious and pathetic way. Embracing Zen, doesn't include flaunting who you are or what you own. Just because you were some little kid who didn't have a lot of money, things, or friends, it still doesn't excuse rockin this behavior today. You're an adult, who obviously has an education, you should know better then this. This is exaclty the same thing that a handful of short guys do, by buying the huge truck they need a step ladder to climb into and bulking up on steroids to show us how big they really are.

Josh Board April 12, 2009 @ 4:05 p.m.

On a side note: late last night I saw on TV, one of those shows that catches criminals on camera, and I saw the security guy from the PB Millionaire. It was the footage of that newscaster (I believe in La Jolla), trying to interview a woman about some property, and she calls a guy over that proceeds to beat up the cameraman. I saw a picture of B.K. and said "Hey, that looks like the security guard working with the PB dude," and then they said his name. I believe the cameraman said B.K. "saved my life." Cool stuff.

Regarding a house that looked like a castle, it wouldn't be my choice. Although, I can't say I'd turn down one of those old German or Irish castles I see on acres of mountain top land.

JulieParrots April 12, 2009 @ 7:07 p.m.

In response to post #12, Yea you brought up a very good point about meditation and living that type of lifestyle dosent make sense to flaunt "riches" throughout the city just to make a "point" of who you are. Instead of spending "hard earned" money on women at bars, et, al. One should be a donor to children's hospital or help build a school for the inner city youth or even an after school programs for the less fortunate kids to be a part of.

ReadrerSuxx April 13, 2009 @ 2:55 p.m.

U serious? This a St. Patrick's Day party (March 17), featured in the current issue. Out of touch, much? What's worse, is that City Beat actually did a better (and funnier) profile on this dude and his parties, months ago: http://www.sdcitybeat.com/cms/story/detail/night_owls/7657/

Josh Board April 14, 2009 @ 12:45 a.m.

Wow, you're in such a hurry to log on and create an account you can't even spell properly.

In one of the crasher columns previously, a lot of people asked me to seek this guy out and hit one of his parties. So I did that.

I'm sure CityBeat had a good piece on him. They have a few good writers. It's a shame nobody reads it.

Peace.

SurfPuppy619 April 14, 2009 @ 10:08 p.m.

By joshb

The guy that jumped on the bully in that Fox News Reporter clip was a big black brother-is that who BK is???

Josh Board April 15, 2009 @ 1:19 a.m.

Yes, that's B.K. And, I was surprised he didn't tell me that story, as I was asking him for some crazy moments as security. Although, maybe he wasn't thinking that, as he was a neighbor, not doing "security" at that moment.

But geez, isn't that footage insane? That one guy just starts throwing some hardcore punches.

It was funny watching it with my girlfriend, because she sometimes claims I'm racist, so we have this running joke where if I meet a black person...whether that's on the basketball court or at a party, I say "Hey...I have a new black friend, I can't be racist."

And, I had such an interesting conversation with B.K. that I said that to her regarding him. So, when we were watching and that clip came on, I said "Hey...there's B.K."

I didn't really think it was him. Just a brother with dreads. Then they said his name and we both started laughing.

Sunny_C May 22, 2009 @ 8:14 a.m.

Millionaire! Pfft! Then why is his house in foreclosure?