Home of the first Methodist church in San Diego, c. 1890. Located on the northeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Broadway, the church was first a wooden structure built in 1870 on land donated by Alonzo Horton.
According to notes at the Historical Society, the “three-story building served both as church and as a business investment. The upper floors were used as a public meeting hall, as well as for church services and Sunday school; the street floor housed various offices and businesses.”
Demolition of the brick edifice occurred in 1907, and the Owl Drug Company building took its place.
To order this photo please contact the San Diego Historical Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.