My girlfriend was talking to Nick about his sushi, and it seemed as if he had to repeat himself several times. I appreciated the fact that he wasn’t pushy about having me try it. I ate a few California rolls, but that’s all I touched.

As I was getting ready to leave, Denise told me that she works part-time as a bartender at the Aero Club. I told her that we’d try to stop in for drinks sometime. As I got my camera out to snap a few final photos, Denise said, “Just take pictures of the good-looking people.” A guy next to me said to her, “But then you wouldn’t be in the photo.” She laughed as she opened another bottle of wine.

Comments

quiksilver1976 Dec. 3, 2008 @ 1:55 p.m.

Hey Josh, I think you need to change the name of this article to either "Crashers" or "Whipped"...........lately all you write are references to a girlfriend and I'm starting to think that either she doesn't really exist because you're trying to sell it too much, or she does exist and she makes sure you make mention of her every week.

Josh Board Dec. 3, 2008 @ 3:15 p.m.

Very good points, Quicksilver. My girlfriend says she'd prefer to not even be mentioned. But when I'm writing the story, and we're discussing something like a guy trying to light his cigarette in the fire pit and almost falling in because he's drunk...I don't know how to word that. Or, if she says something witty, I don't want to take credit for it as an observation by me.

She's joked with me, though, that I write about her as my "girlfriend" yet when we're at a party and an attractive woman comes up to talk to me, and she's somewhere else at the party, it never seems to "come up" that she's my girlfriend.

Oh well.

pete78 Dec. 5, 2008 @ 3:45 p.m.

No HORSE in the driveway at this week's party? WTF?! I look forward to hearing about Josh play HORSE in every Crasher column. That is totally lame.

JohnnyVegas Dec. 7, 2008 @ 3:06 p.m.

Wow-you weren't kidding that chick looked like Hillary Swank-on the money!

BTW-who is blondie?

Josh Board Dec. 9, 2008 @ 2:02 a.m.

The blonde would be the woman mentioned in the story, Denise.

DK Dec. 11, 2008 @ 5:51 p.m.

Josh thank you for coming over and thank you for the nice article.

Its almost like being there.

We gotta do it again soon.