• Story alerts
  • Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

The Queens of the Stone Age, Lenny Kravitz, and Gwen Stefani are three headliners who are expected to be in the lineup when the House of Blues San Diego officially announces its first lineup on Monday.

House of Blues spokesman Jack Gannon said the club will open mid-May as previously announced despite scuttlebutt that construction delays have pushed the date back to June.

"There is no way in hell they will be ready by May," said one insider. "Drive by there and see. They are pouring concrete right now. Permit approval after construction can take 30 days."

Gannon said final details are being worked out with the city, but he suspects the capacity of the music hall part to be 1100 (compared to 1500 for 4th & B, 1350 outside for Humphrey's, 800 for 'Canes, and 600 for the Belly Up Tavern).

A spokesman for the ABC (California Alcoholic Beverage Control) said the House of Blues has been approved for a 47 license, which is granted to restaurants that serve food along with alcohol. This would allow all ages to be admitted. Gannon would not say whether House of Blues would admit anyone under 21 into the music venue, though the ABC has approved it. "We're still working that out with the city."

Last week it was announced that the general manager of the new local House of Blues would be Jim Biafore, who was general manager of the Anaheim club. A job fair is slated for mid-April where 240 new House of Blues employees will be hired.

  • Story alerts
  • Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

More from SDReader

Comments

Sign in to comment

Join our
newsletter list

Enter to win $25 at Broken Yolk Cafe

Each newsletter subscription
means another chance to win!

Close