Barnaby Monk 8 p.m., April 23
MOPA's 30th birthday
The Museum of Photographic Arts turns 30 on May 1, 2013. Throughout the month of May, MOPA has scheduled events to help commemorate their three decades as a museum in Balboa Park dedicated to photography, film and video. In celebration:
- $1 admission to the museum on May 1.
- Every visitor to the museum that day will be entered into a raffle.
- MOPA gift shop will be running a sale marking everything down to 83% of its regular price.
- Behind the scenes tours of the collections storage area and library will be given between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- The remainder of the week: the $1 pricing will continue, everything at the store will be marked down 10% and everyone who makes a purchase will receive their choice of an Arnold Newman or Duane Michaels poster.
- Cost: $1