Dave Good 9 a.m., Dec. 7
San Diego Master Chorale
Upcoming Local Shows
- Copley Symphony Hall — Friday, December 20, 8pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Saturday, December 21, 2pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Saturday, December 21, 8pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Sunday, December 22, 2pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Sunday, December 22, 7:30pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Friday, February 7, 8pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Saturday, February 8, 8pm
- Copley Symphony Hall — Sunday, February 9, 2pm
- Concert Review: San Diego Master Chorale Back with a Bang" · Oct. 18, 2010
Ex-Band Members: Martin Wright, Conductor
2007 marked San Diego Master Chorale's 49th season. Their newest music director is Gary McKercher, founding music director of the Wisconsin Chamber Choir. McKercher replaced Martin Wright, who left the Master Chorale to become artistic director of the Netherlands Opera Chorus.
The Chorale includes 120 vocalists. Founded as the San Diego Symphonic Chorale, the SDMC was originally the choral arm of the San Diego Symphony. In 1979, the chorale became an independent arts organization, and the name was changed to the San Diego Master Chorale.
The SDMC is a nonprofit corporation that has the autonomy and artistic ability to present concerts of almost any nature in a variety of settings. Its repertoire encompasses a broad scope of music ranging from the masterworks of the choral/orchestral literature to contempory songs and musical theater.
As "The Voice of San Diego," the SDMC actively participates in many community events throughout the year in addition to their appearances with the San Diego Symphony and the San Diego Chamber Orchestra. The SDMC has made a number of tours throughout Europe, including performances at St. Paul's Cathedral in London and the Great Dom Cathedral in Salzburg, as well as many other venues in Scotland, Switzerland, and Germany.
The SDMC is funded in part by a grant from the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture, the San Diego County Community Enhancement program, and corporate sponsors.