David Castillo 1 p.m., April 18
Tony Krzmarzick: undetermined | David Marshman: undetermined | Lindsay Sablan: undetermined | Rich Stanford: undetermined | Krishan Oberoi: Composer | Angelica Elcar: undetermined | DeReau K. Farrar: undetermined | Delaney Gibson: undetermined | Jamie Koottarappallil: undetermined
Sound description: Classic and contemporary choral music.
RIYL: Johannes Brahms, U2, Oscar Galián
Upcoming Local Shows
- Mira Mesa High School — Tuesday, May 27, 7pm
- Embarcadero Marina Park South — Thursday, July 24, 8pm
- Embarcadero Marina Park South — Saturday, July 26, 8pm
- Embarcadero Marina Park South — Friday, August 8, 7:30pm
- Embarcadero Marina Park South — Saturday, August 9, 7:30pm
- "Cookies and Choral Music" · Dec. 2, 2012
- "Little Match Girl Passion: Sacra Profana" · April 6, 2012
Inception: San Diego, 2008
Influences: Boyz II Men, Chanticleer, the King's Singers
Choral group Sacra/Profana was founded in 2008 by Krishan Oberoi. He received his master’s degree in choral conducting from the Yale School of Music in 2006. The ensemble’s repertoire includes music by such diverse artists as Leonard Bernstein, Leonard Cohen, Eric Whitacre, and Venezuelan composer Oscar Galián.
The choral ensemble launched its third season on October 30, 2011, with a performance of “Divining Miracles” at the Founders Chapel, at the University of San Diego. They usually perform as a 24-voice ensemble.