Bobby Bray 11:01 a.m., Dec. 4
Tony Krzmarzick: undetermined | David Marshman: undetermined | Lindsay Sablan: undetermined | Rich Stanford: undetermined | Krishan Oberoi: Composer | Angelica Elcar: undetermined | DeReau K. Farrar: undetermined | Delaney Gibson: undetermined | Jamie Koottarappallil: undetermined
Sound description: Classic and contemporary choral music.
RIYL: Johannes Brahms, U2, Oscar Galián
Upcoming Local Shows
- Bob Burton Center for the Performing Arts — Sunday, December 8, 3pm
- Mira Mesa High School — Tuesday, December 17, 7pm
- Athenaeum Music and Arts Library — Sunday, January 12, 3pm
- San Diego Museum of Art — Sunday, February 2, 2:30pm
- Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church — Sunday, February 16, 4pm
- Torrey Pines Christian Church — Sunday, March 2, 4pm
- Balboa Park Activity Center — Sunday, March 9, 7:30pm
- La Jolla Presbyterian Church — Sunday, March 23, 4pm
- Mira Mesa High School — Tuesday, May 27, 7pm
- "Cookies and Choral Music" · Dec. 2, 2012
- "Little Match Girl Passion: Sacra Profana" · April 6, 2012
Inception: San Diego, 2008
Influences: Boyz II Men, Chanticleer, the King's Singers
Choral group Sacra/Profana was founded in 2008 by Krishan Oberoi. He received his master’s degree in choral conducting from the Yale School of Music in 2006. The ensemble’s repertoire includes music by such diverse artists as Leonard Bernstein, Leonard Cohen, Eric Whitacre, and Venezuelan composer Oscar Galián.
The choral ensemble launched its third season on October 30, 2011, with a performance of “Divining Miracles” at the Founders Chapel, at the University of San Diego. They usually perform as a 24-voice ensemble.