Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 1
Upcoming Local Shows
- Croce's Park West — Sunday, March 8, 12pm – 3pm
- The Merrow — Wednesday, March 11, 9pm
- Seven Grand — Thursday, March 12, 8pm
- Swedenborg Hall — Sunday, March 15, 7:30pm
- Kensington Cafe — Saturday, March 21, 7pm
- Croce's Park West — Sunday, March 22, 12pm – 3pm
- Croce's Park West — Monday, March 23, 6pm
- Bella Vista Social Club and Caffe — Friday, March 27, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Croce's Park West — Monday, March 30, 6pm – 9pm
- Kensington Cafe — Saturday, April 18, 7pm
- Kensington Cafe — Saturday, May 16, 7pm
Singer/songwriter Nina Francis graduated from the Bishop School in 2010, going on to study with Randy Newman and Lamont Dozier. She first came to local notice as a protégé of jazz cat Peter Sprague.
In 2014, she graduated from USC’s Popular Music Performance program, where she studied and worked with Lamont Dozier (writer of multiple Motown hits by artists such as the Supremes and Marvin Gaye), David Poe, Melissa Manchester, and Glen Ballard (best known for co-writing and producing Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill and co-writing Michael Jackson’s hit “Man in the Mirror”).
Francis returned to her hometown San Diego to regularly perform and pursue her musical endeavors.