Robert Lang 11 a.m., July 25
Chet Cannon: Harmonica, Vocals | Brother Dana: Guitar (acoustic), Guitar (electric), Vocals | Steady Freddy: Bass guitar | Big Al: Drums | Kid Tater: Saxophone | Smiling Stan: Bass guitar | Major Minor: Drums | Jumpin' Jimmy: Guitar (acoustic), Guitar (electric)
Upcoming Local Shows
- Elbow Room — Saturday, July 26, 7pm – 11pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, July 27, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Tio Leo's — Thursday, July 31, 8pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, August 3, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, August 10, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, August 17, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, August 24, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Downtown Café — Sunday, August 31, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- "Excuse Me: Any Spare Change for Harp Fest?" · March 9, 2013
- Blurt: "Brief Peace for Chet Cannon" · Nov. 2, 2011
- Blurt: "Strange Stage Moments" · Dec. 27, 2007
Inception: San Diego, 2001
Influences: Muddy Waters, Big Walter, Sonny Boy, Jr. Wells, George Smith, Bill Clarke, Johnny Dyer, James Cotton, James Harman, Lynwood Slim
Chet & the Committee front man Chet Cannon is a self-described “terminal blues fan” who once attended 26 blues concerts in 29 days.
“We’ve been playing the blues as the Committee around San Diego since the summer of 2001,” says Cannon. “I’m happy to say we’ve had the opportunity to share a stage with some very talented musicians, opening for Candye Kane, John Hammond, Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers, Chris Cain, Little Charlie and the Nightcats, Maria Muldaur, Magic Slim's Teardrops, and others.
“We pour our heart into every performance. Our main objective is to make sure it’s a good time.” The band’s Don’t Get Me Started! CD was SDMA-nominated in 2006 for Best Blues Album.